Hungry Jack's NBL
COVID Replacement Player Rule
The Hungry Jack’s NBL has publicly announced its policy regarding the replacement of players impacted by COVID-19 and the circumstances in which games may be postponed.
The policy provides that:
- If a player is unavailable for selection due to COVID-19 protocols, the club can replace that player
- The COVID-19 replacement player rule is in addition to the current injury replacement rules however, a contracted injury replacement player may be selected as a COVID-19 replacement player
- COVID-19 player replacement players are contracted on a game-by- game basis and must be released from their contract once the player being replaced is cleared to return
- COVID-19 replacement players can play for multiple teams during the season
- Each team must field at least eight players for every game
- If a team has multiple players unavailable due to a COVID-19 situation, and accordingly has less than eight active players available, they must engage one or more COVID-19 replacement player(s) to ensure they have eight active players
- If a team is unable to field eight active players for a game, after exhausting all reasonable options to contract COVID-19 replacement players, they may request to have that game postponed
The 2021/22 Hungry Jack’s NBL Season tips-off on Friday night when the Tasmania JackJumpers host the Brisbane Bullets at MyState Bank Arena at 7:30pm AEDT followed by the Perth Wildcats facing the Adelaide 36ers at RAC Arena at 9:30pm AEDT.
Both games will be broadcast on ESPN via Kayo and Foxtel.